Collection of your personal information
We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our website, which is to enable users to discover and share poker information with each other.
We collect the following types of information:
- Information provided upon registration, such as: user IDs, passwords, names and email addresses.
- Additional information you may enter into your user profile.
- Site usage information, such as number of poker hands you post and play, number of comments you submit, etc.
Use of your personal information
We do not rent or sell your personal information to anyone. We share your personal information only as described below.
- PokerWit Personnel: PokerWit personnel and authorized consultants and/or contractors may have access to user information if necessary in the normal course of PokerWit business.
- Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information may be one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if PokerWit, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred.
- Protection of PokerWit and Others: We may release personal information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with a law; to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other policies; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of PokerWit, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Social sharing of data: PokerWit allows other users to browse Poker Hands and News posts that you submitted, played, or commented on. This information is made available via your User Profile page.
- With Your Consent: Except as noted above, we will contact you when your personal information is shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to opt out to prevent the sharing of this information.